Sunday 19 July 2015

School's Out For Summer!

Cliché title but I couldn't help it! I now have 7 (yup!) weeks off before I start work again in September, In the past I've had a summer job to help tide me over but, at the risk of sounding lazy, I just don't fancy it. I work really hard during term time and I find it both mentally and physically draining, so I just want to have a summer relaxing and doing what I like.

I love a 'to-do' post but I thought I'd do a more positive one than the last, and list the more fun things I want to do with my time off.


  • Have a road trip to Bangor. I went to Bangor Uni (8 years ago now-how?!) and I haven't been back since my graduation in 2011. For the most part I had a really good time there so I'm looking forward to going back and reminiscing. Going to Menai bridge and looking at the gorgeous views along the straits is top of the list for me. I'm hopefully going to go with my friend, who I met in my first year in halls. We're both from the same place and we've stayed close ever since-she's truly lovely.

  • My birthday! It's my birthday in August and I've been thinking of ways I want to spend the day. I've already got my eye on a good restaurant we could go to in Chester. I'm also toying with the idea of a fancy afternoon tea. Anything with food really! I'm grateful for any gifts but I'd love to get the Sabrina the Teenage Witch boxset. I only thought of it the other day but it would be perfect! Harvey & Sabrina forever <3 

  • Camping. I'd love to go camping this year. I used to go on a camping holiday every year when I was younger and adored it. I think it would be a really good way to de-stress and get away from technology! Ideally I'd like to go camping near the coast but I'm open to different ideas. 

  • Trip to the seaside! Linked to the above I suppose, but I really, really want to go the beach. I find it so relaxing looking out to sea and strolling on the sand. I will keep an eye on the weather and try and plan a trip. Added ice creams preferable. 

  • Barbecue. My mum has been saying she's going to do one for ages, so hopefully we'll get lucky with the weather soon and they'll be free to do one. She does do a good spread, haha. 

  • Walks. I love going on a relaxing, scenic walk. It's good to just get outside and get some fresh air and exercise, which is much needed! I'd like to see some more places in Shropshire and Powys. Theres some pretty villages around so it would be good to do some exploring!

That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure more will pop up!



2 comments: