Sunday 5 October 2014

Sunday in Shrewsbury

Me and Stu went to Shrewsbury today for a bit of a change-well really it was mostly because he wanted to got to CeX and trade in some games! I was also keen to go so I could check out the Makeup Revolution stand at Superdrug. More on that in a bit!
My first port of call, after CeX, of course that took priority, was H&M. I only went in to have a look at the bras, as it's one of the few places I can get ones that fit me (woe is me for having a boy chest) but I got tempted by a few other things too! I've been eyeing up the cable knit jumpers since they came in so I thought I may as well just get one. Purple was the obvious choice! I also got some of the plastic spiral hair ties as I'm quite intrigued by them. Whether they'll work on my mane is a different matter. They were only £1.99 though so worth a go. I also got 2 necklaces as I liked how simple they were. I'm not really a one for large statement pieces! Again these were £1.99 each. In the end I settled for a black and pink bra with pretty spotty lace detailing. I normally get them from Primark so £12.99 seemed a bit steep but it is very pretty. Finally I got a tiny 5ml nail polish in the shade 'Blue Me' as I thought it could be a good dupe for Nails Inc Baker Street, which I love but is quite pricey most times. 





Next up was Superdrug, and I headed straight to the Makeup Revolution stand to see if they had the Rebel With Cause lipstick. Sadly it was out of stock. It's always out of stock at my other 'local' store in Chester too! Ah well. I did get a blusher and an eyeshadow though, in the shades Now! and Good Life. The blusher looks pale in the photo but it's actually quite a dusky pink shade. It also contains shimmer but it isn't over the top. 'Good Life' is quite a hard shade to describe. It's a very cool toned pinky purple mink type shade. I think it'll look nice with my green eyes though, and it's is one of those easy to wear shimmery shades that are great to quickly swipe on. Again, the photo doesn't do it justice!




I also got two Miss Sporty nail polishes. A sparkly 'Oh My Gem' one in 'Be a Star' and a 'Clubbing Colours' mid toned purple one in 'Merry Go Round' (I think - they don't have the names on them!). I thought the latter could be a dupe for my beloved Models Own 'Purple Poppy' but alas it isn't. I found it needed 3 coats and even then it still looked a little patchy. It seems to be more of a jelly than a creme. The sparkly one also took 3 coats but you could probably get away with 2 if you were using it as a top coat. They're a bit disappointing really- I think I got suckered in to the 'buy 1 get the 2nd half price' offer! 



Apologies, the glitter refused to be captured!

However, 'Blue Me' is certainly not disappointing!  As you can see, it is really similar to Baker Street which is on my little finger. Not bad at all for 99p! Also, please excuse the scabby cuticles and nails. I just applied it really quickly to show you what they look like on. 

Apart from some face wipes (the Garnier Simply Essentials ones- we shall see how I fare with these!) that was end of my little spree. We had a mosey in Waterstones though and I fell in love with this hardback copy of 'Ballet Shoes', which is one of my favourite books from when I was younger. I've already got 2 copies of this at home but this one is just so pretty and special looking.



I also want to show you two pictures we got in The Range in Shrewsbury last Monday. It's rare that me and Stu both like a picture so he kindly got the pair! They are so cute and are currently hanging in the living room. 



Hope you've had a pleasant Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment