Monday 27 October 2014

A Few Faves


Just thought I'd share with you a few items that I have been particularly enjoying lately! First up is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude foundation. I bought this after trying a sample from a mag and really liking it. I was quite surprised about this as often foundation samples are beige/wotsit and completely unusable! I bought the shade Ivory which is the second palest. At the moment it's not too dark but I may switch to Porcelain as the months go on. The medium coverage is just what I want as it's not too sheer or too heavy. As much as I like my Seventeen Stay Time one with it's fab spot concealing abilities, it can make my skin look a little flat. This one though covers up the majority of my blemishes (concealer is still needed for more angry spots) whilst still looking natural. As with all my foundations I like to apply this with my Cosmopolitan beauty blender sponge. 
Secondly, my favourite mascara this month has been Essence's Maximum Definition Volume mascara. I've been favouring this over Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara as it's so much easier to work with and doesn't clump up like that one does. The brush isn't stupidly big and it lets me cover all my lashes without getting it everywhere. It's really good at separating them and you can build up the layers without it going clumpy. For the bargain price of £2.80 it's excellent! 
Lastly I've been using up my little sample pot of Benefit's It's Potent eye cream. I'm quite impressed with myself as I've been using it religiously every morning. It has a lovely thick texture that doesn't feel overly heavy or sticky and sinks in really well. I don't have dark circles so I can't really comment on the brightening properties but I like to think it's helping in some way! I'm fast approaching the wrong side of 25 so it's a welcome addition to my skincare routine. I'd be tempted to get the full size but it's so expensive I don't think I can justify it! Could be tempted to get another mini one though as you really don't need to use a lot. 

Have you tried any of these? What do you think? 

2 comments: