Friday 11 July 2014

NOTD Essie Fashion Playground

I was initially quite cheesed off with this polish as I had gotten it from the clearance section at Boots, thinking it was £4, but I ended up getting charged full price for it, which I didn't notice until I'd gotten home (I don't pay enough attention at the tills obviously). However, after applying it, I have to say it's redeemed itself as it's one of the best mint polishes I've tried. This shade is described as a 'plucky pistachio green with subtle shimmer' and it's just that! It took 3 coats to get a decent opaque finish, but I've found that to be standard with pastel shades- especially green for some reason! The formula was really smooth though and I didn't find it to be streaky, which is another issue I've had in the past. You can see the shimmer clearly in the bottle but it doesn't really translate on the nails. You can only see the sparkles if you look closely but I'm not too fussed about that- it is described as subtle after all!  I think this shade will look amazing with a tan too and would be a great polish to take away on holiday.




Another thing I forgot to mention is that I love the brush! It's the perfect size for my nails and really helps me to stay neat. I can see myself buying more Essie in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment