Sunday 8 June 2014

Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow and Eyebrow Palette- Make Believe

Two eyeshadow posts in one day- and I don't even wear it that often! It's been sunny today though so I thought it was a good time to get some swatching done! I received this palette in the British Beauty Blogger beauty box and I was pretty pleased with it as it has a mix of neutrals, brights and darker shades. I know I'm unlikely to ever wear some of the bright shades but it's nice to know I have them should the occasion ever call for it! You get 14 eyeshadow shades as well as two eyebrow powders. The pans are really dinky but I've yet to finish an eyeshadow so maybe that's a good thing! They are all shimmer shades (bar the eyeshadow powders- obviously), which is great for me as I tend to favour a more shimmery finish. Overall the pigmentation and texture of the shadows is good but it does vary a bit between the shades. Some are a bit more chalky and patchy, and some are excellent with super intensity. For the price though they are great, and the slightly weaker shades are easily fixed with a touch of primer. The eyebrow shades on the other hand are rather pap as the colour pay off is poor and the lighter shade is just not right- I don't think it would suit many people at all! 
I think these palettes would be great to take on holiday as they are super slim,but fairly sturdy, and you get so many shades to experiment with. This one would be particularly good as you have something for day and night. 



First column (first shade on the bottom- not sure why I did it this way!) The green shade and the brown one are the stars here pigmentation wise! The grey was a tad powdery and one of the least impressive.

2nd column plus eyebrow shades. I love the sage green shade as well as the burgundy one- although I have no idea how I'd wear it!

Have you tried any of the Makeup Revolution Palettes? 




1 comment:

  1. such pretty shades!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog right now, click here!

    ReplyDelete