Sunday 22 June 2014

Avon Sun Fresh Protection SPF30 Face Sun Cream

Now I have to admit I bought this totally on a whim, as are many of my purchases actually... In any case I've been looking for a super lightweight facial sun cream for ages now. I tried one from Superdrug last year, in Mallorca, but even though it said it was 'matte' it was anything but and left me looking like I'd rubbed lard on my face. Not the best look on anyone. I'd been eyeing up the ones by La Roche- Posay , Soap & Glory and the Benefit one, but they are pretty pricey and I don't really have that money to spend on a product, as important as sun protection is. I decided to check out the Avon site and saw that they were running a 3 for £10 offer on sun care items. I thought that was really good as some of the creams were £16 on their own at the time. The offer isn't on any more but they are all reduced to nearly half price at the time of writing this. This cream is currently £5.40 instead of £9.
 I didn't have high hopes for it when I put in the order but I thought it was worth a gamble. Now though I can safely say it was worth it! I've been trialling it since yesterday and I'm very impressed as it's not heavy or sticky and most importantly it doesn't leave me super shiny. My regular moisturiser at the moment leaves me more 'dewy' than this! The gel like cream spreads on smoothly, which is great as I've heard that some are hard to rub in as they dry down so quickly. It's suitable for sensitive skin and offers UVA and UVB protection, as well as being oil free and fragrance free (though I would say it does have a light scent). It actually says UVA/UVB PA +++ but I'm not really sure what that means. If anyone can enlighten me that would be fab. I'm hoping to use this mainly when I go to Budapest at the end of July but I'm also going to use it when I know I'll be outside a lot at work. I was in the sun a lot last week and my forehead, near my hair line, got quite sore. I always seem to catch it there first! I'm already getting quite freckly so I probably should have been using a sun screen a bit sooner!
If you're looking for a sun cream for oily/combination skin that I would recommend giving this one a go as I've been pleasantly surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment