Sunday 25 May 2014

Essie 'Spin The Bottle' - Spring Collection 2014




So yesterday was very exciting as my British Beauty Blogger beauty box arrived! I haven't had a beauty box in ages, as I cancelled both my Glossy Box and the then Jolie Box subscription after being disappointed just too many times. However this one really piqued my interest and I thought it was excellent value for money-plus I knew I would use everything in it.  When I opened it I was most looking forward to seeing what shades I got for the polish, blusher and eyeshadow palette as these were the items, along with a few other bits,that  were variable between boxes. I was really happy overall with what I received and will cover the blush and palette in another post! I do have to admit though that initially I was hoping for one of the blue polishes like Truth or Flare or Hide and Go Chic, but after swatching 'Spin the Bottle' I realised that it's not a colour I already have in my collection (which I'm not so confident I can say for the blues!) and that it would be a great shade to wear at my friends wedding or to use under different topcoats and as a neutral base for nail art.

I've tried it out today and I'm really quite impressed with the formulation. It dries quickly between coats and has a very glossy finish. The brush shape is ideal and makes the job so much faster and easier. I've used three coats in my pics but if you were more careful than me you could get away with two. It self levels pretty well (a new term for me- I read a few nail posts this weekend!) and isn't patchy like some nudes can be. Essie describes this shade as a 'semi-sheer nude' which it can be but I built it up for a more solid colour.  I'd say the shade is a creamy beige with a pink undertone. Please excuse my wonky nail and cuticles- I'm well overdue a little TLC!



What shade did you receive if you got the BBB Beauty Box?

2 comments:

  1. looks like you got some great items. that nude polish is very pretty :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of everyone who got their hands on one of these boxes!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete