Friday 21 February 2014

Primark Volume Boost Mascara

I'm meant to be cutting right back on my spending at the moment as my bank balance is looking extremely unhealthy. It seems that I'm never out of my overdraft at the moment and I'm not exactly extravagant with my spending. I don't smoke, I rarely drink and I don't really go out of an evening. I blame my rubbish teaching assistant wage- the amount of work we do for the pay we get is ridiculous. It really is something that needs to be looked at. I'm grateful I've even got a job at all but it's still disheartening every month when most of it just disappears. Anyways, enough ranting!
 The point I was getting at was that I fancied trying a new mascara but I couldn't  be spending a lot of money on it. So when I was in Primark and saw this volumising mascara for just a quid I thought I would give it a go. For the price the packaging is quite nice in that it isn't tacky or garish looking, but you can definitely tell it's a budget one when you hold it and feel the quality. But none of this really matters of course! The brush is quite small which I really like as I only have short lashes and not very many of them! This manages to grab all my lashes without poking my eyes out in the process- a frequent occurrence with some of the ridiculously huge brushes! It's not instantly volumising but it's easily built up with no clumping. The brush style also means I can really work it into the base of my lashes to get a stronger look. The end result isn't overly dramatic but they do look longer and more defined and curled. I also like that my lashes don't feel crispy in any way, so the effect is much more natural than some volumising mascaras that can feel and look a little heavy. Oh, and another thing, I haven't found it to be irritating, which I was concerned about considering it's very low price!
All in all it's a good everyday mascara that gives me a more natural volumised look, if that makes sense! Especially considering my bare lashes are so underwhelming!
Sorry for the blurry pics, I didn't realise until I was editing them.







Do you have any budget mascara reccomendations? I'm always on the look out for new ones! 

No comments:

Post a Comment