Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year, New FOTD

Hi, well I'm back to blogging after having a little break over Christmas. What with driving around all over the place and a general lack of motivation I haven't managed to get anything up for ages now. I hope you've all had a lovely time :) Today however I seem to be doing my best to avoid actually doing anything productive, i.e; tidying the hovel that is my bedroom so I have had a play about with the MUA Dusk til Dawn palette. I have to say it is rather dramatic for a day in the house but hey! Johnny Depp might decide he wants to visit Wrexham and knock on my door...

I actually used a lot of the colours from the palette for this look. To start I used the excellent MUA profession eye primer. The shade third from left on the top was used all over followed by the last two top shades on my lid and outer half respectively. In the crease I used the second shade from the left from the bottom row and the second shade on the top. To deepen it I used a little of the black from the bottom row. The top second shade was also used to line my bottom lashes and the first top shade was used as a highlight. The 4th top shade was used on the inner corners.


Phew. Apologies if that is hard to follow! I love the finished result though, it's a bit different to a usual black smokey eye.

I also used a Natural collection black pencil liner on my top and lower lash line and waterline as well as my trusty Loreal Volume Millions mascara. If you've never tried this then you really need to, it's the mutts nuts.

For the rest of my face I used the Maybelline BB cream, Natural Collection powder, Sleek Suede blush, Famous First Date blush in Keira, Elf highlighter in Luminance and for my lips Elf mineral lipstick in Nicely Nude and MUA Intense Kisses gloss in Sealed with a Kiss.


I'm all set for Johnny in my hoody, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment