Sunday 18 November 2012

Superdrug Spending

I can never resist popping into Superdrug when I'm in town and Saturday was no exception! I've been wanting the MUA Intense Kisses gloss in Sealed with a Kiss for quite a while now but begrudged coughing up for p&p online so I was pleased to find it sitting there, in stock and waiting for me! It's a lovely natural pinky nude colour and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. Oddly perhaps I also really like the glittery lips on the cap! I'm not that keen on the cheapy vanilla scent but I can live with it. For £2 it's such a bargain and I would get more shades if I didn't already have an obscene amount of lip products! Next I got the baked eyeshadow trio in Innocence. These shades are very wearable and whilst I think the darkest shade is a touch too warm, and could possibly make me look like I have sore eyes, the other two are just gorgeous. They have good colour pay off but they will definitely need to be applied over a primer to help them stick. My swatches could be easily dusted off with no water so I'd imagine they would fade quickly on their own. I also picked up a magnetic polish in Piccadilly Circus. I tested this last night and was pretty impressed. Unlike my Barry M one the magnet actual works so I can now use this lid for both. I do like the circle design but it does make my nails look like they have eyes! I may try one of the other effects too! Lastly I got a Cosmopolitan blending sponge as I am never happy with my foundation application. Especially when I try to use a primer underneath. I just find it pulls and flakes and generally makes my face look very messy! However I tried this out this afternoon and I'm in love! You just rinse it in water, wring it out, dab it in some foundation then stipple it on. It really does give a professional, flawless finish and I wish I'd bought it sooner. 


Sorry this is dark and blurry but I forgot to take a picture of it out of the packaging when I still had some light!

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of that Cosmopolitan blending sponge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a try, plus at £4.99 was pretty reasonable :)

      Delete