Tuesday 17 July 2012

Comfort Shopping

So I'm royally fed up at the moment, but I managed to drag my arse out of bed today to go and find some bargains in town. I seem to be spending quite a lot of money of late...I've only really been buying cheap things but it all adds up! :/
I had a good scout about in Poundland as always and came away with this little lot.


How cute is this!? It's Method Kid squeaky green 3-in-1 shampoo and it claims to be a body wash, shampoo and conditioner in one, 99% natural, paediatrician tested and hypo-allergenic. The scent is fuzzy peach. I've actually used this before and mainly used it as a body wash. It was ok as a shampoo but a little drying. At a pinch though it would be fine. It's not very conditioning but then I do have very dry hair, plus do any 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioners ever truly feel that they are conditioning the hair adequately? Suppose it does depends on hair type. It's not overtly peachy smelling either. I get sort of coconutty notes mostly, but it is very pleasant and definitely worth a quid!
I also picked up two Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lipglosses. The shades I chose were 170 Sunset Mauve and 110 First Kiss. Sunset Mauve isn't very mauvey at all, it's more of a warm peach shade with some gold tones. First Kiss is a rather bright pink. Both come with slightly tinted sparkly glosses, which are quite gloopy in texture-not sure I'll use these parts really, plus the brushes are weirdly splayed!  The colour part feels fairly similar to the Collection 2000 Cream lip creams in texture. They also have a vanilla scent but there is a bit of a chemically undertone. However this quickly disappears. I can definitely vouch for their staying power- it was so hard to get the swatches off my hand-took a lot of scrubbing! So these would be perfect if you needed a lip colour to last a long time. I think these shades would suit lot of people as they are pretty easy to wear colours. If you are into stains then check out your local Poundland I think they had a few other shades also.


L-Sunset Mauve, R-First Kiss

I also got some novelty lip balms. I really didn't have high hopes for them, I was just intrigued but the 'flavours'! Disappointingly they don't smell as strong as would like but they feel relatively smooth on . Not top quality but they'll be fine for chucking in my hand bag! They also had a two pack of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit and Doublemint gum flavour balms.

Lastly I went to TK Maxx to check out the beauty section. Here I got a set of 5 mini bottle of Kings & Queens shower gels (Royal Favourites Set). The different scents are Honey, Jasmine, Cinnamon Orange, Mango and Lemon Flower. I've had a good sniff and I love the smell of the Jasmine one, can't wait to use it, but they all smell delicious and for just £3.99 such a bargain! Was the last one there too so woop!

Anyways, I have spent a little too much this month so it's gonna have to be a case of 'That'll do pig, that'll do.' For a while at least! 


No comments:

Post a Comment