Wednesday 13 June 2012

Book Review: The Nearly-Weds

I finished this book ages ago and meant to get a review up but I completely forgot what with all my recent spending and new beauty bits!  Anyways, I really enjoyed this book and it was a steal at £1.99 from The Works. I find they've got quite a good selection there and they are very reasonably priced. As well priced as they are I am trying to cut back on my spending so will be getting my books from the library for the time being. Back to the book, I thought the plot was well thought out and entertaining and I liked that the chapters were short as it kept the story going at at a good pace. I found it very easy to read being both engaging and witty. It was a bit predictable at times but it didn't really bother me and to be fair most chick lits do have an element of predictability and is perhaps part of their appeal? The characters were convincing but I do wish more time had been spent describing what the main character looked like. I know you are meant to use your imagination but I do like some description to help me along!I will definitely be checking out more of Jane Costello's books- already have my eye on 'My Single Friend'.



No comments:

Post a Comment